2 a nobleman (duke or marquis or earl or viscount or baron) who is a member of the British peerage v : look searchingly; "We peered into the back of the shop to see whether a salesman was around"
- To look at surreptitiously.
of equal level
Peer may refer to:
- Peerage (disambiguation), (a member of) a system of honours or nobility in various countries
- Peer group, (a member of) a group of people of the same age, status, ability, etc.
- Peer-to-peer computer network, (a participant of), in which participants act as both client and server
- Peer, Belgium
- Peer Leadership Program, an organization that promotes team building and easing school transitions
- Public employees for environmental responsibility (PEER), an organization of anonymous public employees promoting environmental responsibility
- A variant of the name Peter in Scandinavic languages.
- Peer Gynt, a play and character by Henrik Ibsen.
- Israeli professional tennis player Shahar Pe'er.
peer in German: Peer
peer in Dutch: Peer
peer in Polish: BitTorrent#Podstawowe_poj.C4.99cia
peer in Simple English: Peer
peer in Swedish: Peer
Brahman, appear, archduke, aristocrat, armiger, associate, autopsy, baron, baroness, baronet, be curious, become visible, bend the eyes, blue blood, bore, break through, burn with curiosity, canvass, check, check out, check over, check up on, coequal, colleague, compeer, confrere, count, counterpart, countess, daimio, delve into, dig around for, dig into, dig up, direct the eyes, ditto, duchess, duke, earl, emerge, equal, equipollent, equivalent, esquire, examine, explore, eye, fathom, fellow, gape, gaup, gawk, gentleman, give an examination, glare, gloat, go into, go over, goggle, grand duke, grandee, hidalgo, indagate, inquire, inspect, interrogate, investigate, lace-curtain, lady, laird, landgrave, like, look, look at, look into, look over, lord, lordling, magnate, magnifico, marchioness, margrave, marquis, match, mate, monitor, noble, nobleman, noblewoman, nose around for, nose out, observe, opposite number, optimate, overhaul, overlook, palsgrave, parallel, pass over, pass under review, patrician, peek, peep, peep out, peer at, peer into, peruse, play peekaboo, plumb, poke into, pore over, postmortem, probe, pry, pry into, query, question, quiz, review, rival, rubber, rubberneck, run over, scan, scrutinize, search into, seek, seigneur, seignior, set an examination, show, sift, silk-stocking, size, size up, snoop, sound, sovereign, spy, squire, stare, study, survey, swell, take a peep, take stock of, take the measure, thoroughbred, twin, upper-cruster, viscount, viscountess, waldgrave, want to know